Genomic Science Meets Nutrition And The Culinary Arts
Basic and certification courses in Nutrigenomics and Culinary Genomics are offered through our partnership with Genoma International. Amanda Archibald, RD, teaches these courses with genomic medicine experts, Dr. Roberta Kline and Joe Veltmann, PhD.
The following courses are hosted by Genoma International, an accredited provider for continuing education with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
Longevity & Vitality
Uncover the science behind the unusual vitality and longevity in populations of two Mediterranean islands and how genomic medicine may play a role. Discussion of interplay between genes, diet and lifestyle, and how compounds in regional foods impact genes.
Two part series. Includes Longevity Food Map.
Building Basic Knowledge
An Introduction to Genomic Medicine and Culinary Genomics
This course provides a solid foundation for understanding the history and science behind genomics, culinary genomics and their clinical applications.
- The history and science behind genomics and the other “omics” fields, including epigenomics
- The difference between whole genome vs SNP testing, pros and cons of each
- How to evaluate a genomic testing company – key questions to ask
- The current status of genomics in clinical practice with case histories to illustrate
- The science behind the revolutionary concept of culinary genomics – introduced in the U.S. by Amanda Archibald in 2015
- Clinical applications and examples of translating DNA to food on your plate
- Food-gene roadmaps you can use in your practice
- Part 1: The Genomic Revolution
- Part 2: Basic Genetic and Genomic Concepts
- Part 3: Bringing Genomics Into Clinical Practice
- Part 4: Case Histories
- Part 5: Culinary Genomics
- Additional Resources for Learning Integration
This course is pre-approved for 7 CPE credits.
Genomic Medicine Training Program
Increase your professional satisfaction while providing patients with the best healthcare possible using personalized genomic medicine. The advanced Genomic Medicine & Culinary Genomics Training Program, with optional certification, will help you elevate and transform your practice and differentiate your services from the competition.
In this 11-month Training Program, weekly live webinars provide you with the tools and skills you need plus the clinical support you desire. Gain in-depth knowledge along with practical integration experience in the core areas for health.
- Module 1: Introduction to Genomic Medicine and Culinary Genomics
- Module 2: Personalizing Nutrient Utilization and Resolving Nutritional Paradoxes Using Genomic Medicine
- Module 3: Individualizing Approaches to Oxidative Stress Using Genomic Medicine
- Module 4: Personalizing Approaches to Inflammation Using Genomic Medicine
- Module 5: Optimizing Detoxification Strategies Using Genomic Medicine
Plus, we introduce you to the clinical model that helps you put everything together along with professional development and marketing strategies for building a successful practice:
- The GENESIS Matrix Comprehensive Health Model
- Building Your Practice with Genomic Medicine
Starts June 2018. Space is limited. Register now.