A revolutionary course designed to ignite change in food thinking.
Eight sessions. Live and recorded for live and self-paced study
September 17 - November 5 2018
Help your clients live their best expression. The Genomic Kitchen Professional course provides in-depth insights into the nutrition science and educational strategies that make the concept of Culinary Genomics both revolutionary and essential to health professionals.
In this course, you will gain an understanding of the fundamentals of nutrigenomics and culinary genomics and how to use them in education and counseling in the private practice, community or institutional setting. This course introduces you to M.I.S.E. principles and associated nutrients that form the foundation of our system of understanding, choosing and preparing food for health and longevity and to further the mission of public health. The peer-reviewed science supporting these principles is covered extensively. We then unite the M.I.S.E. principles with culinary strategies that translate these vital ingredients to the plate.
Parallel to the science, we review relevant components of the public Genomic Kitchen course and supporting educational materials to enhance your understanding of what we're teaching the public, why we're teaching it and some of the questions they may have for you. As professionals, you also receive our signature nutrition education roadmap visuals that support learning and counseling. Detailed scientific references accompany course visuals, and an extensive supplemental reading guide is also included. This course also presents options to teach this program live in your community, or refer your clients to our online program. Take this course if you are interested in learning about the basics of nutrigenomics and how you can apply them today with your clients.
No genomic test or prior knowledge of nutrigenomics is required for you to learn and apply these principles.
Elevate your practice and expertise to teach at the cutting edge of nutrition, medicine and the culinary arts
- The elements of nutrigenomics and why this field of science is changing nutrition, medicine, culinary translation and public health.
- Master Genes: Function, how they influence health, the ingredients that support them
- Critical Biochemical Pathways: How they work, why they are important, the role genes and key nutrients play in their function
- M.I.S.E. Principals: What they are and how to teach them in clinical practice and public health forums
- Step by step pairing of science and ingredients to concepts taught in The Genomic Kitchen course for individuals
Your Course Includes
- Cutting edge evidence-based nutrition science
- Educational strategies and teaching tools
- A master roadmap of ingredients and comprehensive ingredient toolbox
- Supportive nutrition roadmap tools
- Extensive citations and references; plus additional recommended reading
- Access to live online sessions and course recordings
Eight sessions: Sept 17, 24. Oct. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29. Nov 5
7:00-9:00 PM EST *All sessions are 2 hours with exceptions Sept 24, October 8, Nov 5